Thursday, March 22, 2007

Progress?

Could I possibly be making progress in my treatment?

In February I had about 14 days of feeling very bad, followed by many days of feeling "okay". I wasn't sure I was clearing. In fact, I was beginning to wonder if I was just having a bad episode before and maybe was blocking the Mucinex treatment by using some product that, unknown to me, has Salicylates in it. When I began to feel bad again I was even more dubious that I was improving. But then, surprisingly, the second round of feeling very bad only lasted about three days and then over the weekend I realized that I was feeling pretty good! So maybe I am clearing?

I also have something else interesting happen, but it may be nothing. I have a skin allergy that I developed at about 18 years old. I have an allergy to the sun. From about this time of year through October, I MUST wear sunscreen all the time or my exposed skin turns red and slightly raised and it ITCHES for about 12-24 hours. I usually figure out that it is time to start wearing sunscreen because I'll get the rash on my hands, face and maybe forearms on a sunny day just going from the house to the van to the van to a store and home again. Well, today was one of those days, however, although I itch a little bit, I have no rash to speak of. It is too soon to tell but I am hoping that maybe my rash is one of my body's weird fibro symptoms. Wouldn't that be awesome! Meanwhile, I still need to find sunscreen. I have some Mary Kay sunscreen from last year (which is what I prefer) but I don't know if it is Sal-free or not.

3 comments:

CelticMuse said...

Hi I saw your sig. at Sonlight forums and came to check out your blog as I also homeschool with fibro. I blog as well but at wordpress. my blog is in my sig at SL,

Michielle (celticmuse)

CelticMuse said...

Just stopping by again. have you tired cutting out caffeine? that is supposed to help. Good luck

Robin said...

Hi Michielle, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll have to give yours a peak.

Yes I have cut out caffeine. I found a long time ago that I didn't do well with it. Thanks for sharing though.