I had visions of an energetic kick off to de-cluttering and redecorating today. Instead I went to bed too late, had too much caffeine too late yesterday and couldn’t sleep well and woke up at 6:00am unable to go back to sleep. I did get up around 8:00 am and work in my garden a bit. That’s all on the house “to-do” list that I managed to get done. I ended up taking Sarah to Chick-fil-a to follow-up to an employment application she had filled out on-line. Then she and I went to Washington Bible College and began her Admissions process. God willing, she’ll be taking a few classes there in the fall. Around 12:30 Sarah and I went back to Chick-fil-a, this time with Joey and several of our friends for lunch. (A side note regarding my weight loss, I tried to be good and got 8 piece nuggets with a side salad and a Diet Dr. Pepper! But then I ate 5 or 6 of Sarah’s French fries. )
By the time I got home I was pretty beat. I am still pretty beat. My goal today is to have a good dinner and get to bed by 10:00 pm to get a good night’s sleep so that tomorrow I can make some progress around the house. I suppose I should make some goals for the week:
1) Straighten up living room and put slip cover on love seat.
2) Clean dining room and set up so I can begin clearing out kitchen.
3) Get microwave cabinet emptied and cabinet out for bulky trash.
4) clean out dishes from cabinets
5) feed tomatoes
Is that enough?
Speaking of tomatoes, my garden is coming along quite nicely. It was getting over run with weeds, but I pulled them all out this morning. It has been years since I’ve had a garden and even before that my gardening has been sporadic and limited. This year I got tomato plants from my brother-in-law in Ohio as well as two pepper plants and some basil, a few flowering plants. I planted the tomatoes fairly late for around here. The poor things had to sit in their little containers a few weeks after we got home from Ohio, but they are thriving now with lots of yellow buds! My pot of gold pepper plant has one little white blossom on it. Here are some pictures which show the progression of my little gardening project this summer.
Weeded and ready for the plants.
Zinneas to the right in front of the Azalea.
Sunflower seeds were planted behind the tomatoes.
Five tomatoes (Big Beef, Big Boy, Henderson's Pink, HillBilly and Oxberry)
Two Pepper plants in front of them, red and yellow.
Marigolds bordering the bed.
This photo was taken this morning after weeding.
No comments:
Post a Comment